The Colorado State Science Fair, Inc. Teacher of the Year Award, sponsored by Lockheed Martin was established out of the desire to honor a teacher who has demonstrated excellence in teaching in any of the many disciplines related to the sciences and engineering. The winning teacher will be given a grant to support student research facilitated by them and/or to fund programs in their district that would best enhance instruction in the sciences and engineering.
The winner of the Science Teacher of the Year Award will be asked to provide a written report to the Colorado State Science Fair, Inc. Board of Directors at the end of the following school year. The report should discuss how the award was used to promote science and engineering.
To be nominated, a teacher must:
- be actively teaching science or mathematics in grades 6 - 12 in the state of Colorado and
- support independent research by students and their competition in local, regional, and state science fairs.
A successful applicant will:
- Submit a completed nomination packet. The packet must be received by the March 1, 2017 deadline. Late nominations will not be accepted. Return to Courtney Butler, Executive Director:
- Via US Postal Service:
Colorado State University
Campus Delivery 1802
Fort Collins, CO 80523 (USPS)
- Complete the Nomination Form (to be completed by the Nominator). The Nomination form includes information on the Nominee, the Nominator's name, emal and signature, the names and email addresses of the three individuals submitting letters of recommendation as well as a statement about the Nominee's teaching from the Nominator.
- Submit at minimum three (3) signed Letters of Recommendation (one student, one teacher, and one administrator - these letters must be from someone other than the nominator). All recommendation letters should address experience with 1) the nominee, 2) the nominee's teaching methods and innovation, and 3) his/her impact on students and the teaching profession.
Nomination packets will be reviewed by the CSEF Committee of the Colorado State Science Fair, Inc. Board of Directors.
For questions contact: