Southern Colorado Regional Science Fair (SCRSF) will hold its annual fair on February 27, 2014. The purpose of the science fair is to encourage learning and creativity in young adults. Students in grades 6 - 8 compete in the junior division and students in grades 9 - 12 comprise the senior division. Students will compete against projects in their same division and category for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Both junior and senior division participants will compete for the opportunity to attend the Colorado Science and Engineering Fair (CSEF) held April 10 - 12, 2014 in Fort Collins, CO.
The Southern Colorado Regional Science Fair receives 20 spots for the CSEF. Because we want to send the highest quality projects to CSEF, qualifiers are not necessarily chosen by their categorical place (1st, 2nd, 3rd). Once all boards have been judged, a second group of judges will reevaluate the top three places in both divisions in all categories and select the to 20 projects. We try to have the same number of representatives from both the junior and senior divisions, but this is subject to change based on the number and quality of projects in each division.
Who: Custer, Fremont and Pueblo County students in grades 6 - 12
What: Southern Colorado Regional Science Fair
When: Thursday, February 27, 2014
Project Set-up 12:15 - 12:45 p.m.
Judging Interviews 1:00 p.m.
Awards Ceremony 6:00 p.m.
Where: Pueblo Community College, Grand Ballroom
900 West Orman
- All participants are required to follow the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair rules and guidelines for pre-college research and display & safety regulations. These can be viewed online at: http://www.societyforscience.org/isef/rulesandguidelines and http://www.societyforscience.org/page.aspx?pid=314.
- All projects, individual and team (teams may have up to 3 members), must complete, at a minimum, the following forms:
- Depending on the nature of the project, the following forms may be necessary, for details, consult the Intel ISEF rules:
- Students in grades 6 - 12 living in Custer, Fremont or Pueblo counties
- Students living in a district that hosts a science fair must qualify through that fair before attending the regional science fair.
- If a district science fair is not available, then students should qualify through a school wide science fair.
- If neither a district nor a school wide science fair is available, then students are able to attend the regional science fair directly.
Once the paperwork is completed and the qualification requirements are met, send ONE copy (not the originals) to the Southern Colorado Regional Science Fair:
Pueblo School for Arts and Sciences
2415 Jones Avenue
Pueblo, CO 81004
M - Th 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
F 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
If you have questions, suggestions or concerns contact:
Director: Lori Leyh; (719) 671-9765; firstname.lastname@example.org