We Need You!
The 2017 CSEF will be held on Thursday, April 6 so mark your calendars now! Grand Awards Judging is an all-day event and judges need to be in attendance at the fair from 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. The registration for 2017 Grand Award Judges is now full. Please contact Nancy Vaughan if you are a returning judge.
from the fields of science, engineering, mathematics, computer science, medicine, physics, etc. to help select the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Place, and Honorable Mention winners from the 2 divisions and 12 categories. To register as a Grand Awards Judge, your background needs to reflect the experience, education and expertise for the three categories selected on the registration form. Undergraduate students are able to judge in the Junior Division (grades 6-8) categories. Graduate students and professionals may judge in the Senior Divsion (grades 9-12) categories, but may choose "Junior", "Senior", or "Either" division on the registration form. The awards given are based upon the CSEF Grand Awards Policy.
Possible Conflicts of Interest:
To ensure a fair judging environment and avoid any possible conflicts of interest, perceived or actual, we request that anyone involved in any capacity with a Regional Science Fair that is affiliated with CSEF (e.g., sponsor, teacher, or relative of student(s) competing at the CSEF) to disclose this information on the Judging Information Form. All potential judges for the CSEF will be required to attest to the new Conflict of Interest Policy when they submit their registration form. The Grand Awards Judging Coordinator will determine your eligibility to judge at the CSEF based upon this information and the decision will be FINAL. Regional Fair Directors, Co-Directors, and Assistant Directors are NOT eligible for Grand Awards Judging. Individuals ineligible to participate as a judge will be notified by March 30th.
Grand Awards Judging Timeline (the following are tentative for the 2017 CSEF):
- Friday, February 24, 2017 -Sign-up for Grand Awards Judging either by mail or online.
- Monday, February 27, 2017 - Initial Team Captain/Assistant Team Captain confirmations by email.
All Team Captains must start initial review process of abstracts in their respective categories/divisions for consistency. (CSEF Finalists' Abstract Database)
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017 - Final day for Grand Awards Judges to sign-up (new or returning).
- Saturday, March 4, 2017 - Final Team Captain/Assistant Team Captain assignments confirmed by email or phone.
- Friday, March 10, 2017 - Deadline for all finalists' abstracts to be submitted online for the CSEF.
- Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - Team Captains finalize acceptance/denial of finalists' project moves.
- Thursday, March 16, 2017 - Notification to ineligible judges.
- Thursday, April 6, 2017 - 62nd Annual Colorado Science and Engineering Fair
Essential Document Downloads and Links
The following documents will be updated bin March 2017 for the Thursday, April 6, 2017 CSEF. Links for the finalists' abstract review by Judges and Team Captains will be available before Friday, March 10, 2017, but all abstracts may not be posted until the deadline.
If you are having any difficulties with the registration process or accessing the Grand Awards Judging Information Documents or Links, or would like to get more information, please contact Nancy Glissmann, Grand Awards Judging Coordinator at GrandAwardsCSEF@gmail.com.