Rules, & Guidelines
Project Info & Classroom Teacher Resources
Teacher of the Year Award
to Frequently Asked Questions
Awards Judge Information
We Need You!
you are a
in the fields of science, engineering, mathematics, computer science, medicine, or physics, you are invited to participate as a Grand Awards Judge
for the 2013 Colorado Science and Engineering Fair (CSEF) which will
be held at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, on Thursday, April
Approximately 320 6th - 12th grade students who are finalists
from the 13 Colorado regional science fairs will compete for honors
at the 58th Annual CSEF. As a Grand Awards Judge, you will be selecting
the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Place, and Honorable Mention winners from
your assigned division and category.
The awards given are based upon the CSEF Grand
JUDGES REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR 2013 - if you need to cancel, please send Nancy Glissmann an email with your regrets.
Possible Conflicts of Interest:
To ensure a fair
judging environment and avoid any possible conflicts of interest,
perceived or actual, we request that anyone involved in any capacity
with a Regional Science Fair that is affiliated with CSEF (e.g., sponsor, teacher, or relative of student(s) competing at the CSEF)
to disclose this information on the Judging Information Form. The
Grand Awards Judging Coordinator will determine your eligibility to judge
at the CSEF based upon this information and the decision will be FINAL.
Regional Fair Directors, Co-Directors, and Assistant Directors are
NOT eligible for Grand Awards Judging. Individuals ineligible to participate as a judge will be notified by March 18th.
Grand Awards Judges Timeline:
- Friday, March 1, 2013 - Sign-up for Grand Awards Judging either by mail or online.
- Monday, March 4, 2013 - Initial Team Captain confirmation by email.
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - Final Team Captain confirmations by email or phone.
- Friday, March 15, 2013 - All essential updated documents for the Thursday, April 9, 2013 CSEF posted online (see below).
- Friday, March 15, 2013 - Deadline for all finalists' abstracts to be submitted online.
- Saturday, March 16, 2013 - Team Captains begin initial review of finalists' abstracts for category consistency (CSEF Finalists' Abstract Database).
- Monday, March 18, 2013 - Notification to ineligible judges.
- Saturday, March 22, 2013 - Team Captains finalize acceptance/denial of finalists' project moves.
- Friday, March 29, 2013 - Final day for Grand Awards Judges to sign-up (new or returning).
- Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 58th Annual CSEF (Grand Awards Judging Schedule and Information).
If you are having
any difficulties with the registration process or accessing the Grand
Awards Judging Information Documents or Links, or would like to get more information, please contact Nancy Glissmann, Grand Awards Judging Coordinator at GrandAwardsCSEF@gmail.com.